Could not display a column in Access 2000 nwind.mdb in a listbox using ole DataAdapter, Connection a

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by yma, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. yma

    yma Guest

    Hi,

    I tried to use a listbox to display a column in MS Access 2000 nwind.mdb by
    using ole DataAdapter, Connection and dataset controls. But I got "It is
    already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view
    its data." I put ole DataAdapter, Connection and dataset controls and fill
    in the properties of the listbox. The only code I have is
    OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "employees") in page_load sub. How can I
    fix it?

    By the way, I can use these objects in code to load data. I tried these
    controls in window form, they worked. The only problem is when I use them
    in a web form, the line OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "employees")
    caused error.

    Thank you a lot.
    Chris

    Below is the error message:

    Server Error in '/Web420' Application.
    ----

    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
    'C:\web420\Nwind.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or
    you need permission to view its data.

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet
    database engine cannot open the file 'C:\web420\Nwind.mdb'. It is already
    opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

    Source Error:

    Line 204: OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "employees")

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web420\WebForm1.aspx.vb Line: 204

    Stack Trace:

    [OleDbException (0x80004005): The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open
    the file 'C:\web420\Nwind.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another
    user, or you need permission to view its data.]
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider()
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection,
    ConnectionState& originalState)
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(Object data, Int32 startRecord,
    Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
    behavior)
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
    Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
    behavior)
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
    web420.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web420\WebForm1.aspx.vb:204
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    ----
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET

    yma, Dec 15, 2003

  2. yma

    Natty Gur Guest

    Natty Gur, Dec 16, 2003