Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Nathan Alden, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. Nathan Alden

    Nathan Alden Guest

    This error will appear intermittently and seemingly for no reason when my
    Web service tries to contact another Web service over the Internet using
    SSL. I'd say about 80-90% of all the requests work without a problem. The
    last 10-20% result in timeouts or this "Could not establish secure channel
    for SSL/TLS" message.

    I'm sure many of you folks have run into this problem when using .NET Web
    services over SSL. I've searched Google for a solution and the only thing I
    found was this (URL may wrap):

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Dot_Net/Q_21246164.html

    However, I do not believe the actual problem is related to a DLL name (and
    no I don't have a DLL called Security.dll).

    Can anyone help with this problem? My company is losing transactions and
    money because of this error and help is greatly appreciated.

    -- Nathan

    Nathan Alden, Jan 13, 2006

  2. Do all the requests go to the same service?
    If the answer is a no, maybe you have misconfigured the certificates for
    those sites, or maybe they request a client certificate which you aren't
    sending.

    Could you explain a little bit more the things you do?

    Rodrigo García, Jan 16, 2006