Could not establish trust relationship with remote server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Yoel, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Yoel

    Yoel Guest

    Hello,
    I have an ASP .NET Application that consuming a web services over SSL.

    When invoking the client I’m getting the error:

    [WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish
    trust relationship with remote server.]
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    methodName, Object[] parameters)
    emtv1.emtvAPI2.AccountProcessControllerEjb.getAccountDetailsBatch(String
    string, String string0, String string1, String string2) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\emtv1\Web References\emtvAPI2\Reference.cs:182
    emtv1.WebForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\emtv1\webform1.aspx.cs:92
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    While calling other services (that hosting on the same server ) by the
    browser, the process work correctly.

    I'm using Framework Version:1.1

    I've found many articles about this issue but the solution is not found.
    Any help appreciated.

    Yoel, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Hello Yoel,

    Things to check.. is your certificate issued by a trusted CA? if not you
    need to atleast trust the CA. Secondly you need to check if the subject name
    of the cert corresponds to the server name.
    HTH
    Regards,
    Dilip Krishnan
    MCAD, MCSD.net