"Could not find a part of the path" error

dsh

I have an ASP.NET web application running on a load-balanced Windows
Server 2003 web farm running IIS 6.0, using Active Directory
authentication. I'm trying to programmatically create a new directory
on a different server in the same domain. Before we switched to 2003,
I was able to simply change the user in the machine.config file to a
domain user with permissions. In 2003 I have done the following:

1. Created a new domain user account.
2. Made this user an Administrator on all servers.
3. Created a new application pool and set the Identity of the App Pool
to the new user.
4. Set my application to use this app pool.
5. Added this user account to the IIS_WPG group.
6. Added User Rights of "adjust memory quotas for a process" and
"Replace a process level token" to this user account.
7. Used the SETSPN to add a SPN for this user account using syntax
SETSPN.EXE –A HOST/<computer name> Domain\UserAccount

I'm still getting the "Could not find a part of the path… " error when
the System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory method is called.

Any ideas?