Could not find a part of the path

Matías

I have two servers with windows 2003.

I have an app running under server 1 (asp 1.1) and I try to write files in
the server 2.

In the server 2, I have a full access to the directory, but I have the error
Could not find a part of the path

Thenks in advance

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Matías,

show your code

M> I have two servers with windows 2003.
M>
M> I have an app running under server 1 (asp 1.1) and I try to write
M> files in the server 2.
M>
M> In the server 2, I have a full access to the directory, but I have
M> the error Could not find a part of the path
M>
M> Thenks in advance

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Matías

Hi, the code is:

ruta = "\\hpr2k01\XML-Menu"

string direct = ruta + "/" +
String.Format("{0}_{1}",DateTime.Now.Minute.ToString(),DateTime.Now.Millisecond.ToString());
string FILENAME = direct + "/" +
String.Format("{0}_{1}.txt",DateTime.Now.Minute.ToString(),DateTime.Now.Second.ToString());

if(!Directory.Exists(direct))

Directory.CreateDirectory(direct);

//Get a StreamReader class that can be used to read the file

StreamWriter objStreamWriter;

objStreamWriter = File.AppendText(FILENAME);

//Now, read the entire file into a string

objStreamWriter.WriteLine("A user viewed this demo at: " +
DateTime.Now.ToString());

objStreamWriter.WriteLine(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings.Get("path-estilos"));

//Close the stream

objStreamWriter.Close();

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Matías,

use @ sign before path: ruta = @"\\hpr2k01\XML-Menu"

BTW, I can't see the error besides this one. It works fine. Check your permisions,
and try to create file in network folder manually

M> Hi, the code is:
M>
M> ruta = "\\hpr2k01\XML-Menu"
M>
M> string direct = ruta + "/" +
M> String.Format("{0}_{1}",DateTime.Now.Minute.ToString(),DateTime.Now.M
M> illisecond.ToString()); string FILENAME = direct + "/" +
M> String.Format("{0}_{1}.txt",DateTime.Now.Minute.ToString(),DateTime.N
M> ow.Second.ToString());
M>
M> if(!Directory.Exists(direct))
M>
M> Directory.CreateDirectory(direct);
M>
M> //Get a StreamReader class that can be used to read the file
M>
M> StreamWriter objStreamWriter;
M>
M> objStreamWriter = File.AppendText(FILENAME);
M>
M> //Now, read the entire file into a string
M>
M> objStreamWriter.WriteLine("A user viewed this demo at: " +
M> DateTime.Now.ToString());
M>
M> objStreamWriter.WriteLine(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.
M> AppSettings.Get("path-estilos"));
M>
M> //Close the stream
M>
M> objStreamWriter.Close();
M>
M> "Michael Nemtsev" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
M> M>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Matías

I found the solution to "Could not find a part of the path":

In both servers I create a normal user with the same username and password.

in the web.config of the app in the first server I use
<system.web>
<identity impersonate="true" userName="(name)" password="(pass)" />
</system.web>

In the folder of the second server I shared the folder and I gave full
permitions to the user created and to the allusers I gave only read
permitions.

In the options security of the folder I gave full permitions to the new user

Thanks for all