Could not find a property named '... ' on the type specified by the DataObjectTypeName property in O

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anabela Silva, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. To anyone who has experienced this problem!

    Could not find a property named '... ' on the type specified by the
    DataObjectTypeName property in ObjectDataSource '...'

    I've been looking at forums about the problem that devellopers have in using
    ObjectDataSource when trying to update or delete a record.
    There has been a lot of talk like... you have to implement a list if you
    wanna use direct methods in such operations, etc etc

    It was also an headache to me :-s

    Well, i found a way that works

    In design-time, go to the properties window and choose the ObjectDataSource
    control. Then, in property DataObjectTypeName just remove whatever that
    is... and it will work.

    For example, in my case i was using a gridview that loads database users
    (the primary key of that table is of type Uniqueidentifier).

    When i configured the ObjectDataSource thorugh the .Net's wizard, it put
    automatically in the DataObjectTypeName the type System.Guid
    for that, i couldn't delete or update any record of the grid, so i removed
    it and let the property blank.
    Then, I just tried to delete and update a record and IT WORKED FINE (yes!)
    :-D

    i hope this helps you like it helped me

    Best regards to all interested :)

    Anabela Silva