Could not find installable ISAM.

Dan

Hi,

My global.asax contains this:
Sub Session_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Dim oConnection As New OleDbConnection()
oConnection.ConnectionString =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("newres")
oConnection.Open()
Session("oConnection") = oConnection
End Sub

My web.config contains this:
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="newres"
value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource=c:\mydb.mdb" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

When starting the application, i get:

"Could not find installable ISAM".

Thanks for help.
Dan

Paul Clement

On Fri, 26 May 2006 10:34:52 +0200, "Dan" <sd> wrote:

¤ Hi,
¤
[...]

The "DataSource" parameter in your connection string should be two words:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\mydb.mdb

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

sloan

Yeah, 9 times out of 10 when I have had this problem, I search google, but
end up finding I have a syntax error in my connection string.
OR
I try an alternate form of the connection string

www.connectionstrings.com