Could Not Find Installable ISAM

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Steve, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I get a "Could Not Find Installable ISAM" error on my objConn.open()
    statement. I suspect my connection string is bad. What I am trying to do is
    open an Excel file on my local computer from my web server. Where you see
    "MyComputerName" I actually have the name of my computer.

    Dim objConn As New
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("server=MyComputerName;Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\temp.xls;Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;")

    Dim objCmd As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand

    objConn.Open()

    objCmd.Connection = objConn
    objCmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO [Sheet1$] (F1) values ('111')"
    objCmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

    objConn.Close()

    Any ideas on how to connect to my local computer from my web server?

    Thanks...Steve

    Steve, Sep 24, 2004

  2. http://www.google.com/search?q=Could Not Find Installable ISAM

    Also, this group is for "classic" ASP. The ASP.NET groups have "aspnet" in
    their names.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Sep 24, 2004