    where java.exe is present>"...

    I couldn't find out what exactly is the cause...

    Please help me...

    Naveen, Oct 22, 2008

  2. Re: Could not find J2SE SDK installed in path: <I specified where java.exe is present>

    Naveen <> wrote:

    >I tried to install ORACLE SQL DEVELOPER, it needs to specify the full
    >path where java.exe is present. I tried with searching all java.exe
    >files present in my PC, but in all the case it popped up as error
    >saying that "Could not find J2SE SDK installed in path: <I specified
    >where java.exe is present>"...
    >
    >I couldn't find out what exactly is the cause...

    two possible problems:

    1. Don't specify the directory in which you found java.exe but the
    directory above that. E.g. Java SDK is installed in C:\Java then
    java.exe is located in C:\Java\bin. Then the installation path of the
    SDK is C:\Java and not C:\Java\bin.

    2. The directory in which you found java.exe doesn't contain a SDK but
    a JRE. To verify that there is a SDK installed you have to look if
    there is a file javac.exe present in the same directory as java.exe.

    Dirk

    Dirk Michaelsen, Oct 22, 2008