could not find module vtk in MayaVi

bblais

Hello,

I am trying to install the vtk module to use MayaVi. I went to
vtk.org, and downloaded and installed VTK, and MayaVi seemed to compile
fine, but when I try the test_vtk.py, it says:

ImportError: No module named vtk

I can't find any module named vtk, although I did install Pyvtk. I
can't seem to find this module anywhere on the Cheese Shop or anywhere
else. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

thanks,

bb