Could not find ParserDetails.ini...

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Devon_Dan, Apr 26, 2007.

  1. Devon_Dan

    Devon_Dan Guest

    Hello.

    I am having a bit of a problem using Perl2exe and was wondering if
    anyone can throw some light on how to resolve it.

    My script runs perfectly from the command line so I know it works.
    However when I try perl2exe myscript.pl I get the following

    Warning: Can't locate VMS/Stdio.pm
    at D:\Perl\lib\File\Temp line 139
    @INC D:\Perl\lib , d:\Perl\Site

    >From what I can see, the VMS::Stdio warning is only used on the VMS

    platform and can be safely ignored. The .exe is still created but when
    it is run, half way through execution I get this

    could not find ParserDetails.ini in PERL_STORAGE/XML/SAX
    can't locate object method 'new' via XML::SAX::purePerl at
    PERL_STORAGE/XML/SAX/ParserFactory.pm line 43

    A bit of hunting turned up this http://johnbokma.com/perl/installing-xml-sax.html
    but having tried both fixes, the problem persists. Has anyone had this
    problem before? Perhaps I am missing something blindingly obvious?

    Thanks for your time

    Dan

    Devon_Dan, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Devon_Dan

    Sisyphus Guest

    "Devon_Dan" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I am having a bit of a problem using Perl2exe and was wondering if
    > anyone can throw some light on how to resolve it.

    "Perl2exe" is the IndigoStar utility ... right ?
    If so, it might be best to ask on a forum that deals with that utility
    (assuming such exists).
    If, otoh, "Perl2exe" is the ActiveState utility that ships with their PDK,
    then you'd be best to ask about it on their PDK mailing list
    (http://listserv.activestate.com/mailman/mysubs ) .

    > My script runs perfectly from the command line so I know it works.
    > However when I try perl2exe myscript.pl I get the following
    >
    > Warning: Can't locate VMS/Stdio.pm
    > at D:\Perl\lib\File\Temp line 139
    > @INC D:\Perl\lib , d:\Perl\Site
    >
    >>From what I can see, the VMS::Stdio warning is only used on the VMS

    > platform and can be safely ignored.

    Seems likely to me, too :)

    > The .exe is still created but when
    > it is run, half way through execution I get this
    >
    > could not find ParserDetails.ini in PERL_STORAGE/XML/SAX
    > can't locate object method 'new' via XML::SAX::purePerl at
    > PERL_STORAGE/XML/SAX/ParserFactory.pm line 43
    >
    > A bit of hunting turned up this
    > http://johnbokma.com/perl/installing-xml-sax.html
    > but having tried both fixes, the problem persists. Has anyone had this
    > problem before? Perhaps I am missing something blindingly obvious?

    John's advice is usually sound. Does following his advice lead to the
    creation of ParserDetails.ini ?
    If so, did you then re-build the executable ? Did the problem then persist ?
    If so, then perhaps perl2exe is failing to pack it into the executable. If
    so, then perhaps you could package it, yourself, along with the
    perl2exe-built executable. (I'm thinking that if ParserDetails.ini was to be
    found in the same folder as the perl2exe-built executable, then things might
    work .... but I have *no* idea whether it's *really* as simple as that :)

    Have you tried the freely available PAR (with its pp utility) from CPAN ?
    There's certainly good advice available regarding it on the PAR mailing list
    ( http://lists.cpan.org/ ).

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Apr 27, 2007

  3. Devon_Dan

    Devon_Dan Guest

    Hi Rob,

    Thanks for taking the time to respond. Its greatly appreciated.

    > "Perl2exe" is the IndigoStar utility ... right ? If so, it might be best to ask on a forum that deals with that utility (assuming such exists).

    There doesn't seem to be one. Most of the Perl2exe questions I can
    find are here.

    > Does following his advice lead to the creation of ParserDetails.ini?

    Yes it does, in D:\Perl\site\lib\XML\SAX but having recompiled the
    exe, there I still get the same warning

    could not find ParserDetails.ini in PERL_STORAGE/XML/SAX
    can't locate object method 'new' via XML::SAX::purePerl at
    PERL_STORAGE/XML/SAX/ParserFactory.pm line 43

    > If so, then perhaps you could package it yourself

    Shall give it a go, and PAR. Thanks for the advice

    Dan

    Devon_Dan, Apr 27, 2007