Could not find platform dependent libraries

prabu

Hello Experts,
I am using a HP B.11.11 U 9000/800 machine,I want to learn Python.I have
python (2.3.3) installed in it.
When I excute python,got the following error,how to correct it?.

# python
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python 2.3.3 (#13, Jan 6 2004, 11:07:26) [C] on hp-ux11
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Also,I am in need of Select module,but it is missing out there,how to get
it.
Help me.....

Regards,
Prabu.

David Fraser

prabu said:
Hello Experts,
I am using a HP B.11.11 U 9000/800 machine,I want to learn Python.I have
python (2.3.3) installed in it.
When I excute python,got the following error,how to correct it?.

# python
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python 2.3.3 (#13, Jan 6 2004, 11:07:26) [C] on hp-ux11

Also,I am in need of Select module,but it is missing out there,how to get
it.
Help me.....

Regards,
Prabu.

Hi Prabu, it seems that your copy of python is badly installed. How did
you install it?

Regards
David