Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'

Darrel

As a tangental question to the one below:

I can create a SQL express DB in my Data Connections folder titled
dimension.mdf

I then add this connection string to my web.config file:

<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="data
source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated
Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|dimension.mdf;User
Instance=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>
I then go to WEBSITE > ASP.NET CONFIGURATION

I click on PROVIDER and test the connection. It works.

I then go to SECURITY and get this error:

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Google seems to keep pointing at running the SQL server set up wizard. I do
that, it points at my local machine, but when I try to pick a DB, I get this
error:

====================
---------------------------
Connection failed
---------------------------
Failed to query a list of database names from the SQL server.
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to
SQL Server)

Andrew Faust

When you created a new SQL Server Express DB, it created a blank database.
In order to use the database to store your membership information you need
to provision it with the necessary tables and stored procedures.
Fortunately, this is easy as there is a tool called aspnet_regsql that will
do this for you. Run this program and follow the wizard.

BTW, this tool doesn't show up in any of the VS menus or windows start
menu. You'll need to run it from the command line.

Darrel

When you created a new SQL Server Express DB, it created a blank database.
In order to use the database to store your membership information you need
to provision it with the necessary tables and stored procedures.
Fortunately, this is easy as there is a tool called aspnet_regsql that
will do this for you. Run this program and follow the wizard.

BTW, this tool doesn't show up in any of the VS menus or windows start
menu. You'll need to run it from the command line.

Andrew:

Thanks. In case It wasn't clear in the first post, I did run that tool. It
selects my local machine as the server (makes sense) But it can't find the
DB I created in the pull down. I get that error instead.

It really seems this whole thing was very much cobbled together by
microsoft. This has been insanely frustrating.

I think I'll take your advice from the other thread and do a complete
reinstall. *sigh*.

Thanks for the help!

-Darrel