Could not initialize class javax.swing.UIManager

gbattine

Dear all,
sorry if I cross-posted this issue both on javafx and swing space,
cause I think it may interest to both...so cause I've not received any
reply on other one I try on this one, cause I think it depends most on
swing than javafx.
I'm newbie of java technology.
I need your help to solve my issue.
I developed a Java fx application and I run it with:

javafx -classpath application.jar application.Main

It works on every win 7 system.

On some xp system (not everyone, only some one) I got this exception:

java.lang.noclassdeffounderror: Could not initialize class
javax.swing.UIManager
at
programPackage.Main.javafx$run$(Main.fx:29)

line on which error appears is the following

for (info: LookAndFeelInfo in UIManager.getInstalledLookAndFeels()) {

,

from this code

// use NIMBUS look
try {
for (info: LookAndFeelInfo in
UIManager.getInstalledLookAndFeels()) {
if ("Nimbus".equals(info.getName())) {
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(info.getClassName());
break;
} catch (cEx: Exception) {
println(cEx.getMessage());
}

Could you please help me??
I'm desperate...I can't reproduce error on each xp system, because on
most of them application works...only on some xp system it appears.
I tried to uninstall jre and install latest one and I also updated
graphic drivers to latest one.

I hope someone can help me...I can't solve it and I'm crazying.

Thanks in advance

[...]

no one could help me?
Thanks

markspace

no one could help me?

I don't think there's a lot of expertise on JavaFX here. It's not
exactly a popular programming language or environment.

So, just to be clear: You have some systems in your possession that
reproduce the problem, yes?

Can you post the entire stack trace, and any other messages the system
produces? These might be important clues.

Can you create a Short Self-Contained Compilable Example which
reproduces the problem? Just try that loop at first at the JavaFX entry
point. Does it fail on the systems known to be not working?

The short self-contained compilable example is an SSCCE:

http://sscce.org

Roedy Green

UIManager.getInstalledLookAndFeels()) {
if ("Nimbus".equals(info.getName())) {

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/laf.html

The catch is Nimbus is fairly new, and is not available on older
Javas. Try updating the Java. With any L&F code you pretty well have
to assume a given L&F may or may not be present. You have to make
contingencies falling back all the way to default if the ones you want
are not there. See my code as part of
http://mindprod.com/products1.html#COMMON3
for doing that.