Could not load assembly. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

rachana

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a asp.net website developed using Visual Studio
2005 on server. Application works fine on development machine, but when
trying to run on server I get following error message.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load the assembly 'App_Web_pizv9cfi'.
Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ page language="VB" autoeventwireup="false"
inherits="_Default, App_Web_pizv9cfi" %>
Line 2:
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

- Server is running IIS 6.0. Both .NET framework 1.1 and 2.0 is
installed on the server.
- Server has many applications using framework 1.1 which are running
fine. This is the first application using framework 2.0.
- The applicaiton folder is configured as application in IIS virtual
directory.
- I have also changed asp.net version to 2.0 under asp.net tab in
virtual directory settings. The weird thing is that the error message
shows version as 1.1. I don't understand why?

The application is compiled correctly and all necessary files are
copied on server. I have tried copying the folder on another
development machine and it works well.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachana

Winista

Is your application running in a separate pool? On IIS6.0 you can put
applications in different pools. But in one pool you can use only one
framework version. So if rest of the applications in your pool are
configured for .Net1.1 and this one is using 2.0 then you will run into
interesting problems.

rachana

Creating separate application pool solved the problem. Thanks a lot for
your help.