Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_tod59ga8' and similar

Eric Falsken

Eric Falsken said:
I get this error too. It shows up every few days, sometimes after only
a few hours. But of course, the file is where it should be.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_gvvevrsq, Version=
0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the
code.

Exception Details:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'App_Web_gvvevrsq, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot
find the file specified.

Sorry. Just reposting this with a different alias so the MSDN guys can
answer me. I'm still having the same problem as above with no solution
except to stop the W3SVC service and delete everything in
C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.xxxx/Temporary ASP.NET/*

--
Eric Falsken
Technical Evangelist: db4o

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Eric,

Welcome.
Regarding on the "could not loda file or assembly...." exception, based on
my experience, it is likely caused by the dynamically compiled assemblies
of the UserControl or any dependencs are invisible to it. In ASP.NET 2.0
all the page and Usercontrols are dynamically compiled into assemblies, and
pages and usercontrols in different folder are not compiled into the same
assembly by default. Event in the same folder, if we use purely dynamic
compilation, the usercontrol or page's dynamnic class may reside in
different assemblies... This will cause some of the problem you
mentioned, currently I'd suggest you try isolating the problem to a
certain UserControl and the pages which reference or use it (also report
the error.....). Then, we can try doing some further test on this......

In addition, the following msdn article has mentioned most of the migration
issues in upgrading asp.net app from 1.x to 2.0, there contains some
similiar problem as this:

#Common Web Project Conversion Issues and Solutions
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/migration/upgrade/default.aspx?p
ull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/conversionissuesasp_net.asp

Hope helps. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| Subject: Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_tod59ga8' and similar
| From: Eric Falsken <[email protected]>
| Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:42:58 -0600
|

| > (e-mail address removed) wrote on 19 Nov 2005:
| >
| >> I'm working in the migration of an asp.net application in 1.1 to 2.0.
| >> I'm new to this application, just worked with that some days.
| >> Today, I decided to open the project in VS.2005 and everything seemed
| >> to be fine, all opened and everything was migrated. I have been
| >> working on improvements on it this day.
| >>
| >> However, I found that sometimes I get this error :
| >>
| >> "Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_tod59ga8, Version=0.0.0.0,
| >> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The
| >> system cannot find the file specified"
| >>
| >> The error always appears to point to places of code where user
| >> controls are declared. The "App_Web_xxxxx" assembly seems to be a
| >> random name choosen by VS.Net to rename my binaries or something like
| >> that. The error is gone by either restarting the web services, or
| >> closing and reopening visual studio or both.
| >> Anyone has ever experimented this error ? Any clue ?
| >>

| > I get this error too. It shows up every few days, sometimes after only
| > a few hours. But of course, the file is where it should be.
| >
| > Server Error in '/' Application.
| > Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_gvvevrsq, Version=
| > 0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its
| > dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

| > execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
| > for more information about the error and where it originated in the
| > code.
| >
| > Exception Details:
| > System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
| > 'App_Web_gvvevrsq, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
| > PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot
| > find the file specified.
| >

| Sorry. Just reposting this with a different alias so the MSDN guys can
| answer me. I'm still having the same problem as above with no solution
| except to stop the W3SVC service and delete everything in
| C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.xxxx/Temporary ASP.NET/*
|

| --
| Eric Falsken
| Technical Evangelist: db4o
| web: www.db4o.com
| email: (e-mail address removed)
| skype: efalsken

Eric Falsken

Unfortunately, it dosn't seem to be isolated to one control or another.
It just starts happening after a random period of time. (usually after
the site has been left alone for a while, and dynamic compilation kicks
in again)

Once it happens, the only sure fix is to completely clear the Temporary
ASP.NET Files folder. Some pages work, others dont. Sometimes the whole
site dosn't work. It seems to have no pattern.

I've seen it hapen on my XP Pro IIS, the ASP.NET Development Server, and
on my Win2k3 IIS server...never at the same time.