Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.

jackiechen858

I was updating one of my .Net 2.0 web application on a customer's
server yesterday. after I replaced the new dll, I got a error when I
access it :

Could not load file or assembly "xxxxx" or one of its dependencies.
Access is denied

I did google it and found some articles. I tried to set the
permissions for GAC folder and ASP.Net temp folder and it didn't work.
Finally I found the new dll I copied to the server only have
permissions for admin and system. So I added read/execute permissions
for users and it's working.

Today I updated another .Net web application for another customer, and
it shows exactly same problem. this time I checked the new dll
permission immediately and found exactly same problem.

Both machine are windows 2003 ( belong to two different company in
different location) , I login them as non administrator ( but belong
to administrator group), the symptoms is when I copy new file ( by ftp
or unzip a zip file) to a windows 2003 server, the file doesn't have
read/exec permission for users group by default.

I think it's something new on 2003 ( I didn't see thise before),
probably caused by a 2003 update?

Can anyone confirm this?