'Could not load" the file problem on the production server ??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by savvy, May 8, 2006.

  1. savvy

    savvy Guest

    I'm using "Visual Studio 2005 Professional". I'm half way through in my
    project development. I've created a New Website in the Visual Studio
    2005 and developing my project over there. When i wanted to test my
    current project on the main production server its giving an error
    saying "Could not load collection5".

    the page directive of the .aspx file is
    <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/home.master"
    AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="collection5.aspx.cs"
    Inherits="collection5" Title="caramelbaby&child" %>

    and if I execute the code of the above page without any inheritance
    attribute , its giving an error again - " MasterPageFile is not
    supported by the Page directive"
    I'm not able to understand where i'm going wrong. And this working fine
    on my local machine. I actually copied all the project files and pasted
    on my production server,.

    I'm I deploying the website in wrong process?? Or
    Is this a .dll file problem ?? Or
    Is that any version problem ??

    (there are no .dll files in my bin directory. I have least idea how to
    create these .dll files )

    Thanks in Advance if someone can spare some time for this problem
    savvy, May 8, 2006

  2. Look in the IIS for your site, is the asp.net properties set to 2.0 off your
    virtual directory properties? ( I assume framework 2.0 is in the prod
    machine) HTH

    Jose

    Jose Rodriguez, May 8, 2006

  3. savvy

    Winista Guest

    There is a option in project menu to publish web site. Use that option to
    publish the site in a separate folder and then copy that folder to
    production server. If your production server is inhouse and you have access
    to it, then I think there is an option to directly publish the site to web
    server.

    Winista, May 8, 2006
  4. savvy

    savvy Guest

    Re: 'Could not load" the file problem on the production server ??

    thnks for your help and time mates
    yep, thats true
    production server IIS was not set to .NET 2.0
    so we installed 2.0 version on the production server and
    mapped my website to 2.0 in the IIS
    Thanks once again
    savvy, May 11, 2006