Could not load Type ... Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Arif Çimen, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Arif Çimen

    Arif Çimen Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I'm a new be in ASP.NET

    Below I'm sending the error page.

    How can I solve the problem:

    Thanks for any answers

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'E_Business.WebForm1'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="E_Business.WebForm1" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File: C:\Webroot\tr\com\prowise\Prowise E-Business\WebForm1.aspx
    Line: 1

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032
    Arif Çimen, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Arif Çimen

    David Young Guest

    Check your namespace. Looks like your namespace is "E-Business" and ASP.Net
    transforms it to "E_Business". That's why it can't find your assembly.

    Dave

    ------

    ------

    David Young, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Arif Çimen

    Arif Çimen Guest

    Dear David thanks for your answer,

    In order to test the problem; I created a new project "EBusinessTest" (where
    there is no transformed character)

    But the same error comes again.

    I wonder how ISS knows where the "EBusinessTest.WebForm1" . Is there a
    config file that says where needed files in?

    Thanks.

    Arif Çimen.

    Here the new project's error:

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'EBusinessTest.WebForm1'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="EBusinessTest.WebForm1" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File: C:\Webroot\tr\com\prowise\EBusinessTest\WebForm1.aspx Line:

    Arif Çimen, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Arif Çimen

    Arif Çimen Guest

    Thanks for your help.

    The problem is solved.

    My hosting service configured the root directory .

    Thanks a lot .

    Arif Çimen
    Arif Çimen, Apr 15, 2005