could not load type MyProject.Global

Mathieu Pag?

Hi, I really need help with this one it's been two days now that I
search for a solution on the newsgroups and the web.

I get this error when running my WebApplication :

<quote>
Erreur d'analyse
Description : Une erreur s'est produite lors de l'analyse d'une
ressource requise pour répondre à cette demande. Veuillez consulter
ci-dessous les détails relatifs à l'erreur en question, puis modifier
votre fichier source de manière appropriée.

Message d'erreur de l'analyseur: Impossible de charger le type
'SigiWeb.Global'.

Erreur source:

Ligne 1 : <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb"
Inherits="SigiWeb.Global" %>

Fichier source : c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SigiWeb\global.asax Ligne : 1
</quote>

It seem that this message is common, since I found lot of solutions on
the newsgroups, but none of them solved my problem.

The solution I already tried
- I'm not using C# so this is not a problem with the application not
builded, nayway I rebuild it many times.

- I reinstalled the framework many times

- I tried to run other projects and they work, so the problem is
probablu with this project and not with my framework/IIS installation

- I verified that a dll is created in the "bin" subdirectories of my
application .

Now I have no clue and I'm asking for your help.

In advance many thanks

Mathieu Pagé

Steve Willcock

Hi Mathieu,

take a look in project properties and check that the root namespace for the
project is 'SigiWeb'. Then look in the Global.asax.vb file and check that
the class name is 'Global'

Then delete the dll in the \bin\ directory and recompile the application.

Steve