could not load type "namespace.classname"

Andy Sutorius

Hi,

I have a folder with a web.config file using forms authentication thus
requiring that folder to be an IIS application. When I attempt to visit a
webpage in that folder, default.aspx, I receive the error: could not load
type "namespace.classname"

I found MS KB #306155 and followed the recommended steps of performing a
build on the web project. I am still receiving the error. I thought I had
this problem solved in a previous post but I was mistaken. I can
consistently reproduce this error.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Sutorius

I am using VS.NET. I have a bin directory. The compiled dll is in there.

Andy

Guest

Well I would delete the folder for your app from the Temporary ASP.NET files
in your framework directory. I would then restart Kill the aspnet_wp
process. Restart IIS using iisreset from cmd prompt. Possiblily rebuild
your app again. And see what happens.

hardylinder

Had the same problem when attempting to apply Forms Authentication to a
folder below the Virtual Root Directory. Solution:

· If you have created an Authentication section for a sub-folder,
remove that code and change the sub-folder back a regular folder
(remove App Name in IIS).
· Set Authentication for the entire Virtual Directory to Forms.
· Deny access to un-authenticated users for the sub-folder that you
want to control. - Use the Authorization section to accomplish this.

Only requests for pages in the sub-folder will be prompted to logon. -
Liberty and Hurwitz have a good chapter on this in Programming ASP.Net.

Take care,
Hardy