Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jim Duffie, May 14, 2006.

  1. Jim Duffie

    Jim Duffie Guest

    Hi,

    I am building a website and loading it to a server but I get the folowing
    error when I try to access it. Any tips telling me what I am doing wrong and
    what I should do would be appreciated as I have now spent 2 days trying to
    get this to work

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView
    from assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

    Source Error:

    Line 8: <form id="form1" runat="server">
    Line 9: <div>
    Line 10: <asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server">
    Line 11: <Nodes>
    Line 12: <asp:TreeNode Text="2001" Value="2001">

    The code for the page is as below. I am not uploading any dll's but I do get
    a default.aspx.vb file. Is this OK? The Web.config file is :-

    <?xml version="1.0"?>

    <configuration>

    <system.web>

    <customErrors mode="Off" />

    </system.web>

    </configuration>

    And the full default.aspx code is

    <head runat="server">

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

    </head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    <asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server">

    <Nodes>

    <asp:TreeNode Text="2001" Value="2001">

    <asp:TreeNode Text="a" Value="a"></asp:TreeNode>

    <asp:TreeNode Text="b" Value="b"></asp:TreeNode>

    </asp:TreeNode>

    <asp:TreeNode Text="2002" Value="2002"></asp:TreeNode>

    </Nodes>

    </asp:TreeView>

    &nbsp;</div>

    </form>

    Jim Duffie, May 14, 2006

  2. Jim Duffie

    Jim Duffie Guest

    Hi,

    any help would be welcome - this has been driving me mad for over 2 days and
    I assume it is just something simple

    Regards,
    Jim
    Jim Duffie, May 15, 2006

  3. Jim Duffie

    Guest

    Jim,
    Although dont see any answer to your query but still wanted to ask
    if you found the solution to the error you are getting. I am facing the
    same error on a component that was built in 1.0 version of ASP.NET
    , May 17, 2006