Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView

Jim Duffie

Hi,

I am building a website and loading it to a server but I get the folowing
error when I try to access it. Any tips telling me what I am doing wrong and
what I should do would be appreciated as I have now spent 2 days trying to
get this to work

Thanks,
Jim

Parser Error Message: Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView
from assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

Source Error:

Line 8: <form id="form1" runat="server">
Line 9: <div>
Line 10: <asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server">
Line 11: <Nodes>
Line 12: <asp:TreeNode Text="2001" Value="2001">

The code for the page is as below. I am not uploading any dll's but I do get
a default.aspx.vb file. Is this OK? The Web.config file is :-

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off" />

</system.web>

</configuration>

And the full default.aspx code is

<head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server">

<Nodes>

<asp:TreeNode Text="2001" Value="2001">

<asp:TreeNode Text="a" Value="a"></asp:TreeNode>

<asp:TreeNode Text="b" Value="b"></asp:TreeNode>

</asp:TreeNode>

<asp:TreeNode Text="2002" Value="2002"></asp:TreeNode>

</Nodes>

</asp:TreeView>

&nbsp;</div>

</form>

Jim Duffie

Hi,

any help would be welcome - this has been driving me mad for over 2 days and
I assume it is just something simple

Regards,
Jim

mukherjeesubrato

Jim,
Although dont see any answer to your query but still wanted to ask
if you found the solution to the error you are getting. I am facing the
same error on a component that was built in 1.0 version of ASP.NET