    Any help would get great!

    TIA

    David Williams

    David Williams, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Hi David,

    I am very intertested in this issue. Would you please tell me how to
    reproduce your problem on my side step by step?

    Currently my suggestion is reset IIS - iisreset.

    In addition, I have found a report regarding this same error before. The
    reason is that the Active Reports tool is not installed correctly.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    <MCSD>
    This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Aug 11, 2003

  3. Hi David,

    Any update to the web.config file will cause the current ASP.NET process,
    which is serving the aspx page that made a change to the web.config file,
    to be recycled and a new ASP.NET process will be created to continue
    serving any subsequent request.

    In this case, recycling and re-creating of the ASP.NET process will cause a
    lot of issues, such as any pre-stored object will be lost, the original
    session will be destoried, and so forth.

    I suggest that we do not store the frequently-changed connectionstring in
    the web.config file. Instead, we can put the into another file.

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Aug 12, 2003