Could not load type ***

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by AB@, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. AB@

    AB@ Guest

    Hi,
    I have got this error "could not load type controls.Title", and I
    don't know why.
    I have tryed the microsoft solution of rebuilding (http://
    support.microsoft.com/kb/306155) but it doesn't work.
    If I try to remove the first row of the file, it's make some and some
    errors yet of the some type.

    I use MS Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, because the VS
    2003 that I have don't support .net 2.0 that I must use. I don't know
    if the problem is from this passage, but online I see that there're
    also some .net 1 users that are affected by this problem.

    About the custom controls there're the class of the type he could not
    load; in his constructor he doesn't have arguments, and the same is
    about the code... as you can see under:
    ---------------------------------
    code .cs--------------------------------------------------
    namespace nsp.controls
    {
    using System;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

    /// <summary>
    /// Summary description for Title.
    /// </summary>
    public class Title : System.Web.UI.UserControl
    {

    public void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs
    e)

    //
    // CODEGEN: This call is required by the
    ASP.NET Web Form Designer.
    //
    InitializeComponent();
    base.OnInit(e);
    }

    /// <summary>
    /// Required method for Designer support -
    do not modify
    /// the contents of this method with the
    code editor.
    /// </summary>
    private void InitializeComponent()
    {
    this.Load += new
    System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load);
    }
    #endregion

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------------------
    Other this control there's another control similary to this (Menu).
    About Menu control I had got the same problem but I resolve it with
    the erasing of part of the first line about the "inherits"...
    <%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="Menu.ascx.cs" TargetSchema="http://
    schemas.microsoft.com/
    intellisense/ie5"%>
    I know that it's not a beatiful solution but it's working.

    But with the first control (Title) this trick doesn't work, because
    he
    says me more & more errors of the same type all around the code.

    Thanks previously
    AB@
    AB@, Mar 15, 2007