    limit.

    Any help would be great!
    , Jan 25, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > I am trying to open up a blank email message by using the mailto: url.
    > I have noticed that it will work for any value under 2013 characters,
    > but once I have a To: list longer than 2014 chars then I get this IE
    > error "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client
    > is not properly installed".

    How many addresses are you trying to send to!?

    > I know that this is not the ideal solution to have this many people in
    > a To list, but it is a requirement that Outlook open up with a list of
    > emails based off certain criteria from the application.
    >
    > If this is a limit of IE, does the same contraint apply to all IE 6
    > browsers, or could other users within my organization have a different
    > limit.
    >
    > Any help would be great!

    Use a form.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 25, 2005

    Well the number of addresses haven't really caused the problem. But,
    it is basically about 75 emails that make up the 2014 chars.

    I know I can use a WebForm to do this, but the owner specifically asked
    for this and I want to find out what limtations there are to then
    present this back to the owner.
    , Jan 25, 2005
  4. RobG Guest

    Re: could not perform this operation because the default mail clientis not properly installed

    wrote:
    [...]
    > If this is a limit of IE, does the same contraint apply to all IE 6
    > browsers, or could other users within my organization have a different
    > limit.
    >
    > Any help would be great!

    I think the limit is imposed by the e-mail client. Lotus Notes
    will only accept 200 characters in a mailto: link.

    --
    Rob
    RobG, Jan 26, 2005
  5. Zifud Guest

    RobG wrote:

    > I think the limit is imposed by the e-mail client. Lotus Notes
    > will only accept 200 characters in a mailto: link.

    Yup

    --
    Zif
    Zifud, Jan 27, 2005