    can be serveral for each topic. I'm trying to get started in learning it.

    Thanks
    n8
    N8, Jul 16, 2004

  2. N8

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > ...for learning html, css, & php. It doesn't have to be one book. It
    > can be serveral for each topic. I'm trying to get started in learning it.

    The Oreilly reference books are not too bad. Combine that with a
    good editor like HTML-Kit (free) or TopStyle ($90 us or so) and start
    playing. It is the only way to learn. Oh yea, come here every now
    and then too.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Jul 16, 2004

  3. >From: (N8)
    >Could someone recommend (and why?) a
    >good, current book...
    >...for learning html, css, & php. It doesn't
    >have to be one book. It can be serveral for
    >each topic. I'm trying to get started in
    >learning it.

    As you said... Why? Why use books... use the medium (internet) that you
    will be learning to work in...

    Look here for links: http://davmagic.com/PAGES41.html

    Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
    http://www.davmagic.com
    Paint A House
    http://www.paintahouse.com
    NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!
    Davmagic .Com, Jul 16, 2004
  4. N8

    kayodeok Guest

    (N8) wrote in

    > ...for learning html, css, & php. It doesn't have to be
    > one book. It can be serveral for each topic. I'm trying to
    > get started in learning it.

    HTML for the World Wide Web (with XHTML and CSS)
    by Elizabeth Castro

    PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Websites
    by Larry Ullman
    (I notice that he has a book out that covers PHP 4 and 5,
    however, my copy covers PHP 3 and 4)

    I am happy with the HTML Book but I am not so sure about the
    PHP book.

    It's the coding style I have problems with - I prefer to drop
    in and out of PHP as necessary and work with functions,
    passing values as is necessary while it appears that the
    author sometimes reuses his code, sometimes he doesn't reuse
    the code and sometimes echoes the HTML stuff rather that drop
    out of PHP mode, drop in to HTML mode etc...but it is a
    beginner book.

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/