    VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't
    not catch on VC6.0.So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a
    compiler?If so,how to do it and make gcc work well with VC6.0?

    Bruce Sam, Sep 30, 2004

  2. "Bruce Sam" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have used Dev-Cpp and VC6.0 before.I found gcc is better than
    > VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't
    > not catch on VC6.0.So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a
    > compiler?If so,how to do it and make gcc work well with VC6.0?

    I'd like to find a place where such questions are discussed, but I get the
    distinct impression that this is not it. Don your asbestos suit. MPJ

    Merrill & Michele, Sep 30, 2004

  3. "Bruce Sam" <> wrote in message
    > I have used Dev-Cpp and VC6.0 before.I found gcc is better than
    > VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't
    > not catch on VC6.0.So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a
    > compiler?If so,how to do it and make gcc work well with VC6.0?

    This isn't the place to ask no. It's C only here. You could try the Visual
    C++ 2005 express beta ( which includes version 7, I think of the C compiler
    which might support -- I think it supports C99 but check first), which is
    free for download ( several hundred meg ) or get it on a CD from Microsoft.

    Spacen Jasset, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Bruce Sam

    Randy Howard Guest

    OT: Re: Could VC6 be integrated with gcc, and if so,how to do it?

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have used Dev-Cpp and VC6.0 before.

    Join the Club.

    > I found gcc is better than VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.

    Neither supports it fully, but gcc is probably closer overall, yes.
    Note: Just because gcc has a -std=c99 option, doesn't mean it is
    C99 compliant (or insert favorite language-lawyer term for same).

    > And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't not catch on VC6.0.

    I'm not sure I parsed that correctly, but if you're saying you don't
    like the Dev-cpp GUI, I tend to agree. You might consider
    investigating MinGW instead, similar approach, slightly better
    implementation IMHO.

    > So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a compiler?

    I doubt it, if you really want to know, hope somebody over in
    comp.os.ms-windows.programming or a similar group knows how.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

    Randy Howard, Sep 30, 2004