Couldn't load my asp files on IE6

June

Hi,

I have a COM/DCOM software which will load some asp files on IE5.0.
However, after I have installed IE6, it couldn't work any more.
I expect that anything can be loaded on IE5.0, can also be loaded on IE with
higher version.
Do you have any idea what may cause the problem? Also how can I find out
the problem?

Thank you!

Mark Schupp

The browser does not have anything to do with normal processing of ASP
scripts. You are going to have to give more information about your problem.

What com/dcom software? client-side components? server-side components? what
version of IIS?

June

I was loading the asp files from client side, I have installed Windows NT
option pack 4.0 (with MTS and IIS) and service pack 6.0. Originally I have
IE 5.5 installed on my machine, and everything works fine. After I installed
IE 6.0, it doesn't work any more. Is there anything in IE6.0 that will
overwrite IIS files or not compatible with it?

Thanks again...

Dave

Explain "doesnt work" - Is there an error?

June said:
I was loading the asp files from client side, I have installed Windows NT
option pack 4.0 (with MTS and IIS) and service pack 6.0. Originally I have
IE 5.5 installed on my machine, and everything works fine. After I installed
IE 6.0, it doesn't work any more. Is there anything in IE6.0 that will
overwrite IIS files or not compatible with it?

Thanks again...

June

Got an error message from Dr. Watson indicating "access violation".
Will the installation of IE6.0 overwrite or change the IIS?
My originally setting before installing IE6.0 is IE5.5 and Windows NT option
pack 4.0.

Thanks again!