    Any idea?

    Thanks.
    william
    william, Feb 10, 2004

  2. william

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:36:09 -0800, "william"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I could run hello.htm, but hello.asp. They are same except the file name.
    >hello.
    >I set Execute Permission to Script or Excutable(windows 2000, IIS5.0) from Home directory of IIS property.
    >
    >Any idea?

    Can't tell, at least with what you've posted here. What did you
    expect to happen when you browsed to the file? And what did happen?
    And why would two identical files work for two different technologies?
    (Hint: The Heelo World! file is different in HTML from that in
    ASP...)

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Feb 10, 2004

  3. william

    william Guest

    Hi Jeff,

    Basically, I was trying to implement ASP project on windows 2000 box, but couldn't run it. So I wrote a test file, named it to hello.htm, put it under wwwroot folder to use default web site, and I could run it from IE, no error. Then I changed the file name to hello.asp, I couldn't run it, I got error "There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. HTTP 500 - Internal server error ". My test file is simple as follows:
    HELLO!

    Thanks.

    william
    william, Feb 10, 2004
  4. william

    Jas Guest

    Go to internet explorer

    click Tools - > Internet Options - Advanced Tab

    uncheck the box "Show friendly HTTP error messages"

    post the message here or read it carefully it will tell you which line has
    the problem

    Jas, Feb 10, 2004
  5. william

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:41:07 -0800, "william"
    <> wrote:

    >Basically, I was trying to implement ASP project on windows 2000 box, but couldn't run it. So I wrote a test file, named it to hello.htm, put it under wwwroot folder to use default web site, and I could run it from IE, no error. Then I changed the file name to hello.asp, I couldn't run it, I got error "There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. HTTP 500 - Internal server error ".

    Start here:

    Why do I get a 500 Internal Server error for all ASP errors?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    >My test file is simple as follows:
    >HELLO!

    That's not ASP. Try:

    <%
    Response.Write "Hello World!"
    %>

    Obvious other issues:

    1) You ran the IIS Lockadown tool or URLScan and didn't enable the
    ASP extension

    2) You run Norton's or other AV software or personal firewall that
    blocks script execution.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Feb 11, 2004
  6. william

    william Guest

    Hi Jas

    This is the error message I got
    "The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'No such interface supported'.
    For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

    Thanks

    william
    william, Feb 11, 2004
  7. william wrote:
    > Hi Jas,
    >
    > This is the error message I got
    > "The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error
    > was 'No such interface supported'.
    > For additional information specific to this message please visit the
    > Microsoft Online Support site located at:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. "

    So ... did you follow the link and search for KB articles containing your
    error message?

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 11, 2004
  8. william

    william Guest

    Jas,
    I got
    "Server Application Error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance."
    When I check event view, the message is

    william, Feb 11, 2004
  9. william

    william Guest

    Hi Bob,

    Yes, I did.
    I tried click Remove button on "Home Directory" from Properties of Internet Services Manager, and click Create, and ok. Still got error.
    On the page, the error is "Server Application Error

    william, Feb 11, 2004
  10. Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 11, 2004
  11. william wrote:
    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > Yes, I did.
    > I tried click Remove button on "Home Directory" from Properties of
    > Internet Services Manager, and click Create, and ok. Still got error.
    > On the page, the error is "Server Application Error
    > The server has encountered an error while loading an application
    > during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log
    > for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator
    > for assistance."
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > william

    What kb article told you to do that?
    Were there other articles returned by the search?
    Have you tried using Google to search for the error text?

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 11, 2004
  12. william

    william Guest

    Hi

    I did everything based on the article(http://www.aspfaq.com/2226), and I could run simple asp, but if I add Server.CreateObject("ADODB.CONNECTION"), got error "error '8002801d' Library not registered. "

    Thanks
    willia
    william, Feb 11, 2004
  13. Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 11, 2004
  14. william

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:56:07 -0800, "william"
    <> wrote:

    >This is the error message I got
    >"The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'No such interface supported'.
    >For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. "

    That's not the entire message, you forgot the Event ID number and
    source.

    Since it was an Event ID of 36 and a source of W3SVC (Yes, I'm
    clairvoyant...), see:

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=36&source=w3svc

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Feb 12, 2004