    Does anyone know a way to solve this time-zone-problem?

    Regards and thanks for your ideas
    Dirk
    Dirk Hagemann, Jul 6, 2006

  2. In <>, Dirk Hagemann
    wrote:

    > I'd like to implement a countdown timer on a webite. It should show the
    > months, days, hours, minutes and seconds until a given date and time.
    > So far it's not really difficult, but this website will be used from
    > different time zones, what will make a difference of 10 hours, if I use
    > the time-information from the client. The event will take place at one
    > fixed moment which is worldwide the same.
    >
    > Does anyone know a way to solve this time-zone-problem?

    I don't think there's a reliable way to get the time zone information from
    the viewer of the website with just HTTP. So you need a JavaScript
    solution I guess. Send the end time as UTC time to the browser an use
    JavaScript's `Date` object to display the countdown in local time.

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Jul 6, 2006