    so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
    compilation).

    , Jan 20, 2008

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:15:46 GMT
    scribed:

    > Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
    > perhaps as a CGI app? I do not have shell access to the web provider
    > so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
    > compilation).

    I've made my own but would prefer not to release it. However, if you don't
    find anything else in a few days, say so and I'll post the code here.
    (It's short.) I suggest you investigate the php groups.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 20, 2008

  3. Tha RagMan Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:15:46 -0800, acy
    wrote:

    >Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
    >perhaps as a CGI app?

    I got a GREAT hit counter from http://www.phpjunkyard.com/
    Tha RagMan

    Tha RagMan, Jan 21, 2008
  4. On Jan 20, 12:15 am, wrote:
    > Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
    > perhaps as a CGI app? I do not have shell access to the web provider
    > so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
    > compilation).

    Why the hell do you want to not archive your question? If everyone
    did this no one could search google groups. Give a hand to future
    developer and archive your questions.

    Travis Newbury, Jan 21, 2008
  5. Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Jan 21, 11:30 pm, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    > On Jan 20, 12:15 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Where would I find a website hit counter written preferably in PHP, or
    > > perhaps as a CGI app? I do not have shell access to the web provider
    > > so installation would have to be via FTP only (no make or
    > > compilation).

    > Why the hell do you want to not archive your question?  If everyone
    > did this no one could search google groups.  Give a hand to future
    > developer and archive your questions.

    Yeah I agree.

    Chaddy2222, Jan 21, 2008
  6. adwatson Guest

    Are you sure you want a counter? I know a lot of times when people ask
    for a counter on their site, what they really want is just some way to
    track/anaylze the traffic on their site - if that's what you're
    looking for then look into google analytics or look for log file
    analyzers like awstats. Otherwise, there's got to be thousands of
    counter scripts floating around the Internet...

    ---
    www.NEXCESS.NET - Shared/Reseller Hosting
    www.EliteRax.com - Dedicated Servers, Server Clusters
    www.MaxVPS.com - Virtual Private Servers
    - Great prices, Great service - check us out!

    On Jan 21, 8:28 am, Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-

    adwatson, Jan 25, 2008