    Does anyone know how to get this to work or some alternative strategy?

    Thanks so far,

    Paul
    Paul Wilhelm Elsinghorst, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Paul Wilhelm Elsinghorst

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:p>
    Paul Wilhelm Elsinghorst said:

    > I am using Count 2.5 as a graphical hit counter on my homepage.

    Hit Counter Rant
    http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/counters.html

    > I am looking for a way to tell it to output a string, that can
    > insertet as text using the page defaults for font size and family.

    check the documentation if that is possible, if not find a different
    script that makes it possible. you're a bit light on details of what you
    actually want. do you want the count number to be text?

    http://www.hotscripts.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?query=plain text hit counter&catid=all

    --
    brucie
    02/December/2003 05:43:08 pm kilo
    brucie, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Paul Wilhelm Elsinghorst <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi Everybody,
    >

    > I am using Count 2.5 as a graphical hit counter on my homepage. I am
    > looking for a way to tell it to output a string, that can insertet as text
    > using the page defaults for font size and family.

    What does the documentation for Count 2.5 tell you?

    > Does anyone know how to get this to work or some alternative strategy?

    Don't use a hit counter. After all, all it does is tell people how
    few visitors you've had.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Paul Wilhelm Elsinghorst

    rf Guest

    > > Hi Everybody,
    > >

    > > I am using Count 2.5 as a graphical hit counter on my homepage. I am
    > > looking for a way to tell it to output a string, that can insertet as

    text
    > > using the page defaults for font size and family.

    > What does the documentation for Count 2.5 tell you?
    >

    > > Does anyone know how to get this to work or some alternative strategy?

    > Don't use a hit counter. After all, all it does is tell people how
    > few visitors you've had.

    One has to initialize the hit counter to 15035.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Paul Wilhelm Elsinghorst

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in news:Tzhzb.37459$aT.36782@news-
    server.bigpond.net.au:

    > One has to initialize the hit counter to 15035.

    Shouldn't that be 10538?
    Eric Bohlman, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Paul Wilhelm Elsinghorst

    rf Guest

    "Eric Bohlman" <> wrote in message
    > "rf" <> wrote in news:Tzhzb.37459$aT.36782@news-
    > server.bigpond.net.au:
    >
    > > One has to initialize the hit counter to 15035.

    > Shouldn't that be 10538?

    10541.

    Cheers
    Richard