    The version of Modelsim being used is 5.0c.

    Thanks

    Jon
    G buf thing, Jul 3, 2013

  2. G buf thing

    Jim Lewis Guest

    I use UNIX utilities such as cygwin or mingw to post process the transcript window.

    The following will get you all occurrences of your text:
    grep -i "CRC fail"

    To get a count pass it to wc:
    grep -i "CRC fail" | wc

    This will give you three count values, such as 21 168 917
    They are lines, words, and characters.
    Jim Lewis, Jul 3, 2013

  3. G buf thing

    Jim Lewis Guest

    I use UNIX utilities such as cygwin or mingw to post process the transcript file.

    Jim Lewis, Jul 3, 2013
  4. G buf thing

    HT-Lab Guest

    On 03/07/2013 21:02, G buf thing wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running a simulation in Modelsim and want to know have to read the number of "report severity warning messages" reported within the simulation. The following format is used within the RTL code: report "CRC fail" severity warning; . The number of these warnings can be viewed in the message window, I wish to be able to read this value within the simulation script to ensure that the value does not change.

    Look up the "assertion count" command in the reference manual.

    > The version of Modelsim being used is 5.0c.

    5.0c?

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Jul 4, 2013