    Onur Bozkurt Guest

    Hi. I need countries and related cities database (for free). Does anyone
    know where can I find one?

    Onur Bozkurt, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Onur Bozkurt

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Onur Bozkurt <> wrote in news:#oTmadKcEHA.3480
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > Hi. I need countries and related cities database (for free). Does anyone
    > know where can I find one?

    http://www.maxmind.com/app/products
    The evaluation version has no population data.

    http://www.geobytes.com/FreeServices.htm
    Free World Map

    US Only Data:
    http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/places2k.html

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Onur Bozkurt

    Shan Plourde Guest

    http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/index.html
    Wikipedia organizes it nicely, and includes ISO state codes for all
    countries. I'd recommend that you go the ISO route.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1

    It's pretty easy to screen scrape or write a parsing routing to crete
    your own database with these pages.

    Shan Plourde

    Shan Plourde, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Onur Bozkurt

    paul_cool_fl

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Well, for free I agree that you will have to write your code..

    for paid, there are option like geodata source which is detailed, extensive but little costly .. i bought the WebLocations countries and cities database from salpure .. it is priced little neat..but they dont have zip code data but i didnt need it anyways.

    i suggest u should try to write your code unless you are not in a hurry

    paul_cool_fl, Feb 27, 2009