Couple of queries...

Mantorok

Hi

1. My connection-timeout in IIS5 is set to 900 seconds, my session timeout
for my asp.net app is 90 minutes - which takes precedence?

2. When an error occurs in my asp.net app I log it to the event-log, however
it never seems to get added on the server - it does work locally when I'm
debugging though.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Kev

Kevin Spencer

1. My connection-timeout in IIS5 is set to 900 seconds, my session timeout
for my asp.net app is 90 minutes - which takes precedence?

Neither. They are 2 entirely different things. The only thing they have in
common is that they are time intervals.
2. When an error occurs in my asp.net app I log it to the event-log,
however it never seems to get added on the server - it does work locally
when I'm debugging though.

Any ideas?

Are you using Try/Catch? If so, you may be missing out on the information
you need. Most likely it is a security exception caused by lack of proper
permissions.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer