Couple of soap errors when trying to invoke a method on the web service

sadhvi

Hi there!!

I am consuming an ASP.Net webservice from a simple .Net application by
adding a web reference. However when I invoke the web method, we see a
couple of soap error entries in the application event log with the
result that the http request is not successfully completed.

We even tried to invoke the web method directly from the asmx page in
IE providing in the required parameters. We still get the same errors.

Please note this problem is intermittent and does not happend
everytime.

The following are the event log entries:

Soap error: XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason
is: The download of the specified resource has failed.
Soap error: Soap client is not initialized.
Soap error: One of the parameters supplied is invalid..
Soap error: Loading of the WSDL file failed.

Sometimes we get a little different kind of event log entries as given
below:

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2228) stopped unexpectedly.
Soap error: One of the parameters supplied is invalid..

Soap error: Loading of the WSDL file failed.

Soap error: XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason
is:
The system cannot locate the object specified.

We fail to understand as to where is the problem. We can easily browse
to the wsdl file successfully.
We are not invoking any SoapToolkit 3.0.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sadhvi