Couple tennis simulation program

venuswilliams105

I'd like to simulate a tennis program for kids, only single players of
male and female playing hardcore on court. well this point makes my
game different from tradditional tennis

Please suggest me book or a good resource to surpass the debugger
wannabe, we might not want to use it because we don't want bugs. Be
careful this program may have multiple tough bugs, since large program
contains multiple modules, we have learnt to detect several modular
problems theoritically.
Also, we guess we should eleiminate all warnings with pragma but as i
have heard this usually reduces the reliability of the program.

Sherm Pendley

Please suggest me book or a good resource

Have a look at "Physics for Game Developers", from O'Reilly & Associates.
Assuming, of course, that you already know C++ and you're looking for the
domain-specific tools to model the behavior of a tennis ball.
Also, we guess we should eleiminate all warnings with pragma

No, you should eliminate them by fixing the problems that trigger them.

sherm--

Jim Langston

I'd like to simulate a tennis program for kids, only single players of
male and female playing hardcore on court. well this point makes my
game different from tradditional tennis

Please suggest me book or a good resource to surpass the debugger
wannabe, we might not want to use it because we don't want bugs. Be
careful this program may have multiple tough bugs, since large program
contains multiple modules, we have learnt to detect several modular
problems theoritically.
Also, we guess we should eleiminate all warnings with pragma but as i
have heard this usually reduces the reliability of the program.

I never eliminate any warnings with pragma. In fact, I turn warning levels
all the way up (Level 4 on my compiler) and fix all the warnings til they go
away.

Alf P. Steinbach

* Jim Langston:
I never eliminate any warnings with pragma. In fact, I turn warning levels
all the way up (Level 4 on my compiler) and fix all the warnings til they go
away.

Well, that strategy is only practical when you're confining yourself to
never changing compilers or compiler versions. For example, Visual C++
has a lot of sillywarnings, warning about perfectly valid constructs.
Eliminating all such by restructuring the code to fit a particular
version of that compiler is simply not practical.

It might be seen as one extreme end of the spectrum of how to deal with
warnings.

And extremes are seldom good.

At the other extreme end of the spectrum you can turn off or simply
ignore warnings and make sure that your code is correct, where your own
judgement counts for infinitely more than the compiler's. Only for
experts. I think this strategy has been argued for by Pete Becker.

More pragmatically, my chosen strategy, turn off the sillywarnings but
compile with highest warning level possible and make sure you have clean
compiles, i.e. no diagnostics issued => no "real" warnings.

Default User

Jim said:
I never eliminate any warnings with pragma. In fact, I turn warning
levels all the way up (Level 4 on my compiler) and fix all the
warnings til they go away.

One infamous compiler issues a lot of annoying warnings for lengthy
identifiers when compiling code that uses some standard containers in
debug mode. There's nothing to "fix", and the warnings are pretty long
and overwhelm the warning window, so it's common to disable that
warning.

Brian