Couple tweaks for Firefox?

DK

Finally upgraded to FF 3.5 (from extensively tweaked 1.0.7).
It's very usable but few things make me want to go back
to the horribly outdated version:

1. How to remove "Bookmark this page" little icon from
the right side of the address bar? I keep accidentally
clicking on it...

2. Likewise, "Subscribe to this page.." that shows up
in the address bar on certain sites would be nice to
remove. I rarely subscribe to feeds and constant presence
of this icon is a drag.

3. How can I enable pull down history list in the search bar?
I remember doing it manually in old FF according to some
website instructions but, of course, can't remember what it
was.

Thanks so much,

DK

Travis Newbury

On Jul 5, 2:39 am, (e-mail address removed) (DK) wrote:

"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jul 12, 2:39 am).
"

Why the **** should we answer your question when you believe that it
is so unimportant that you remove it in 6 days? Maybe, just maybe,
someone else in the future may just google the same question, and they
won't find this answer because you were an asshole, and you removed it
from the group.

What a lazy, unappreciative bastard you are.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

DK said:
Finally upgraded to FF 3.5 (from extensively tweaked 1.0.7).
It's very usable but few things make me want to go back
to the horribly outdated version:

1. How to remove "Bookmark this page" little icon from
the right side of the address bar? I keep accidentally
clicking on it...

2. Likewise, "Subscribe to this page.." that shows up
in the address bar on certain sites would be nice to
remove. I rarely subscribe to feeds and constant presence
of this icon is a drag.

get yourself an addon called Stylish:

then visit this site: http://userstyles.org/and learn
how to make FF the way you want it. Hint: its not
called location bar or the address bar, but its now the
Awesome bar
3. How can I enable pull down history list in the search bar?
I remember doing it manually in old FF according to some
website instructions but, of course, can't remember what it
was.

I have no idea what you're talking about here

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

DK

get yourself an addon called Stylish:

then visit this site: http://userstyles.org/and learn
how to make FF the way you want it.

Thanks, I'll give Stylish a try. Meanwhile, I found an answer
to all three questions. Adding the following to userChrome.css
solves my problem with junk icons in the address bar:

/* Remove "Bookmark this page" icon from URL bar*/
#urlbar-icons > #star-button
{
display: none !important;
}
/* Remove RSS icon from URL bar */
#feed-button
{
display: none !important
}
/* Make "Go" button always visible */
#urlbar[pageproxystate="valid"] > #urlbar-icons > #go-button
{
visibility: visible !important;
its not
called location bar or the address bar, but its now the
Awesome bar

That sounds pretty stupid. Why would anyone spend a
nanosecond renaming it?
I have no idea what you're talking about here

I want to be able to do with a mouse what I can do on a keyboard
with an Arrow-Down. Editing search.xml inside browser.jar
to add
enablehistory="true"
to the <xul:textbox class="searchbar-textbox" section does
a trick - now I have a button to click on to get a pull-down
list.

DK

DK

On Jul 5, 2:39=A0am, (e-mail address removed) (DK) wrote:

"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jul 12, 2:39 am).
"

Why the **** should we answer your question when you believe that it
is so unimportant that you remove it in 6 days? Maybe, just maybe,
someone else in the future may just google the same question, and they
won't find this answer because you were an asshole, and you removed it
from the group.

What a lazy, unappreciative bastard you are.

Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
on topic but likes flaming. What's new? Google is truly a
new AOL.

DK

Travis Newbury

Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
on topic but likes flaming. What's new? Google is truly a
new AOL.

I'm not flaming you. Flaming you would be saying something that is
not true. You are inconsiderate because you want to remove your
question in 6 days giving no consideration to anyone in the future
that may google your question. No flame here, just the truth. Sorry
that hurts. Have a great weekend.

Roy A.

Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
on topic but likes flaming.

On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
alt.html?

DK

On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
alt.html?

I assumed that people frequenting *.html would be knowledgable
in Style Sheets. It is my understanding that CSS is what is used
to define the interface of my browser.

DK

Travis Newbury

I assumed that people frequenting...

Just go away inconsiderate one, we don't like your type around these
parts... Comeback when you learn to share.

dorayme

"Roy A. said:
On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
alt.html?

OP meant that there is a general causal connection between operating
from Google for posting usenet and being a sort of fuckwit. OP might be
willing to allow honourable exceptions (like yourself).

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
Just go away inconsiderate one, we don't like your type around these
parts... Comeback when you learn to share.

Why are doing this Travis? Why be so intemperate and wild when you can
be calm and considerate and reasonable and match your tone in proportion
to the offence imagined. O wait! Something wild has happened to your
imagination! It is inflamed and exaggerated. I wonder why that might be?
What happened to the New Travis that did a little modest stepping out
awhile back?

Travis Newbury

What happened to the New Travis that did a little modest stepping out
awhile back?

It is an endless evolution of emotions and feeling that changes by
day. But honestly this (removing a post after 6 days) is one of my
pet peeves. Always has been