Couple tweaks for Firefox?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by DK, Jul 5, 2009.

  1. DK

    DK Guest

    Finally upgraded to FF 3.5 (from extensively tweaked 1.0.7).
    It's very usable but few things make me want to go back
    to the horribly outdated version:

    1. How to remove "Bookmark this page" little icon from
    the right side of the address bar? I keep accidentally
    clicking on it...

    2. Likewise, "Subscribe to this page.." that shows up
    in the address bar on certain sites would be nice to
    remove. I rarely subscribe to feeds and constant presence
    of this icon is a drag.

    3. How can I enable pull down history list in the search bar?
    I remember doing it manually in old FF according to some
    website instructions but, of course, can't remember what it
    was.

    Thanks so much,

    DK

    DK, Jul 5, 2009

  2. On Jul 5, 2:39 am, (DK) wrote:

    "Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
    This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jul 12, 2:39 am).
    "

    Why the **** should we answer your question when you believe that it
    is so unimportant that you remove it in 6 days? Maybe, just maybe,
    someone else in the future may just google the same question, and they
    won't find this answer because you were an asshole, and you removed it
    from the group.

    What a lazy, unappreciative bastard you are.

    Travis Newbury, Jul 5, 2009

  3. DK wrote:
    > Finally upgraded to FF 3.5 (from extensively tweaked 1.0.7).
    > It's very usable but few things make me want to go back
    > to the horribly outdated version:
    >
    > 1. How to remove "Bookmark this page" little icon from
    > the right side of the address bar? I keep accidentally
    > clicking on it...
    >
    > 2. Likewise, "Subscribe to this page.." that shows up
    > in the address bar on certain sites would be nice to
    > remove. I rarely subscribe to feeds and constant presence
    > of this icon is a drag.

    get yourself an addon called Stylish:

    then visit this site: http://userstyles.org/and learn
    how to make FF the way you want it. Hint: its not
    called location bar or the address bar, but its now the
    Awesome bar

    > 3. How can I enable pull down history list in the search bar?
    > I remember doing it manually in old FF according to some
    > website instructions but, of course, can't remember what it
    > was.

    I have no idea what you're talking about here

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 5, 2009
  4. DK

    DK Guest

    In article <h2q7nb$2i1$>, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo <> wrote:
    >DK wrote:
    >> Finally upgraded to FF 3.5 (from extensively tweaked 1.0.7).
    >> It's very usable but few things make me want to go back
    >> to the horribly outdated version:
    >>
    >> 1. How to remove "Bookmark this page" little icon from
    >> the right side of the address bar? I keep accidentally
    >> clicking on it...
    >>
    >> 2. Likewise, "Subscribe to this page.." that shows up
    >> in the address bar on certain sites would be nice to
    >> remove. I rarely subscribe to feeds and constant presence
    >> of this icon is a drag.

    >get yourself an addon called Stylish:
    >https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108
    >
    >then visit this site: http://userstyles.org/and learn
    >how to make FF the way you want it.

    Thanks, I'll give Stylish a try. Meanwhile, I found an answer
    to all three questions. Adding the following to userChrome.css
    solves my problem with junk icons in the address bar:

    /* Remove "Bookmark this page" icon from URL bar*/
    #urlbar-icons > #star-button
    {
    display: none !important;
    }
    /* Remove RSS icon from URL bar */
    #feed-button
    {
    display: none !important
    }
    /* Make "Go" button always visible */
    #urlbar[pageproxystate="valid"] > #urlbar-icons > #go-button
    {
    visibility: visible !important;

    >its not
    >called location bar or the address bar, but its now the
    >Awesome bar

    That sounds pretty stupid. Why would anyone spend a
    nanosecond renaming it?

    >> 3. How can I enable pull down history list in the search bar?
    >> I remember doing it manually in old FF according to some
    >> website instructions but, of course, can't remember what it
    >> was.

    >I have no idea what you're talking about here

    I want to be able to do with a mouse what I can do on a keyboard
    with an Arrow-Down. Editing search.xml inside browser.jar
    to add
    enablehistory="true"
    to the <xul:textbox class="searchbar-textbox" section does
    a trick - now I have a button to click on to get a pull-down
    list.

    DK

    DK, Jul 5, 2009
  5. DK

    DK Guest

    In article <>, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >On Jul 5, 2:39=A0am, (DK) wrote:
    >
    >"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
    >This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jul 12, 2:39 am).
    >"
    >
    >Why the **** should we answer your question when you believe that it
    >is so unimportant that you remove it in 6 days? Maybe, just maybe,
    >someone else in the future may just google the same question, and they
    >won't find this answer because you were an asshole, and you removed it
    >from the group.
    >
    >What a lazy, unappreciative bastard you are.

    Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
    on topic but likes flaming. What's new? Google is truly a
    new AOL.

    DK

    DK, Jul 5, 2009
  6. On Jul 5, 12:07 pm, (DK) wrote:
    > >What a lazy, unappreciative bastard you are.

    > Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
    > on topic but likes flaming. What's new? Google is truly a
    > new AOL.

    I'm not flaming you. Flaming you would be saying something that is
    not true. You are inconsiderate because you want to remove your
    question in 6 days giving no consideration to anyone in the future
    that may google your question. No flame here, just the truth. Sorry
    that hurts. Have a great weekend.

    Travis Newbury, Jul 5, 2009
  7. DK

    Roy A. Guest

    On 5 Jul, 18:07, (DK) wrote:
    > In article <>, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Jul 5, 2:39=A0am, (DK) wrote:

    > >"Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
    > >This message will be removed from Groups in  6 days (Jul 12, 2:39 am).
    > >"

    > >Why the **** should we answer your question when you believe that it
    > >is so unimportant that you remove it in 6 days?  Maybe, just maybe,
    > >someone else in the future may just google the same question, and they
    > >won't find this answer because you were an asshole, and you removed it
    > >from the group.

    > >What a lazy, unappreciative bastard you are.

    > Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
    > on topic but likes flaming.

    On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
    alt.html?

    Roy A., Jul 5, 2009
  8. DK

    DK Guest

    In article <>, "Roy A." <> wrote:
    >On 5 Jul, 18:07, (DK) wrote:
    >> Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
    >> on topic but likes flaming.

    >On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
    >alt.html?

    I assumed that people frequenting *.html would be knowledgable
    in Style Sheets. It is my understanding that CSS is what is used
    to define the interface of my browser.

    DK

    DK, Jul 5, 2009
  9. On Jul 5, 1:58 pm, (DK) wrote:
    > >> Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
    > >> on topic but likes flaming.

    > >On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
    > >alt.html?

    > I assumed that people frequenting...

    Just go away inconsiderate one, we don't like your type around these
    parts... Comeback when you learn to share.

    Travis Newbury, Jul 5, 2009
  10. DK

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Roy A." <> wrote:

    > > Ah, a clueless Google groups user who has nothing to say
    > > on topic but likes flaming.

    > On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
    > alt.html?

    OP meant that there is a general causal connection between operating
    from Google for posting usenet and being a sort of fuckwit. OP might be
    willing to allow honourable exceptions (like yourself).

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 6, 2009
  11. DK

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > > >On topic? What has the user inferface of your browser to do with
    > > >alt.html?

    > > I assumed that people frequenting...

    > Just go away inconsiderate one, we don't like your type around these
    > parts... Comeback when you learn to share.

    Why are doing this Travis? Why be so intemperate and wild when you can
    be calm and considerate and reasonable and match your tone in proportion
    to the offence imagined. O wait! Something wild has happened to your
    imagination! It is inflamed and exaggerated. I wonder why that might be?
    What happened to the New Travis that did a little modest stepping out
    awhile back?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 6, 2009
  12. On Jul 5, 7:39 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > Just go away inconsiderate one, we don't like your type around these
    > > parts...  Comeback when you learn to share.

    > What happened to the New Travis that did a little modest stepping out
    > awhile back?

    It is an endless evolution of emotions and feeling that changes by
    day. But honestly this (removing a post after 6 days) is one of my
    pet peeves. Always has been

    Travis Newbury, Jul 6, 2009