couting cout.

Chris Schumacher

I've noticed that when you cout cout (or cin) it gives you a series of
bytes.
Does anyone know what these bytes mean?

(cut and paste for those who want a look)
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{cout << cout << endl;
cout << cin << endl;

return 0;}

-==Kensu==-
I was trying to build a "typerwriter" program, okay?

Buster

Chris said:
I've noticed that when you cout cout (or cin) it gives you a series of
bytes.
Does anyone know what these bytes mean?

Streams have an implicit conversion to void *. It returns a null
pointer if fail () is true and a non-null pointer otherwise. The
non-null pointer's value is not specified, AFAIK. On my system
it seems to be the address of some subobject or data member of
the stream.