    and my DH found it in 10 seconds.

    Thanks.

    Stephanie
    Stephanie Stowe, Feb 3, 2005

  2. "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    > not sure I follow... wont FIND do this?

    I did not explain this very well. I have to find the intersection between
    response.redirect and modal windows. Imagine running code (IE only
    supported) whihc has client side Javascript which opens a modal window with
    some URL. Whatever that URL is posts back to the server to some page, and
    the page that it is posted to has a response.redirect in it. I have to find
    that.

    So I go looking for our function which we use to open a modal window. There
    are hundreds and hundreds. So I start with the first one. But I am new here
    and don't know the app very well. Did I mention that it is a huge app? So I
    go to where the code is supposed be executed (in my mind) and that is not
    executing that code. But it is executing SOME modal window. I should would
    like to be able to tell where on my list of hundreds of instances of what I
    am looking for I stumbled into so I could cross it off my list.

    So I am hoping to find something that shows me what I have RUN not what I am
    looking for. It has some added other benefits for the future, like aiding in
    regression testing.

    Thanks

    Stephanie Stowe, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Is this generally a top post group? I cannot remember. I get hammered on
    other groups for top posting.

    No. I want to execute my ASP app and have something dance and blink on the
    lines of code that were traversed.

    Stephanie Stowe, Feb 4, 2005
  4. "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    > dont worry about that too much. This is a pretty slow group since .NET
    > came around, people are pretty open.
    > Since OE defaults to top, and a large % of the posters are using OE it's
    > pretty common for top posting, but we'll read em no matter what :}
    >

    > So you want these results in your development IDE then?

    I don't care where it gives me the info, as long as it gives me the info. I
    can imagine things like inserting a formatted in-line comment within the
    source, or making some kind of report.

    > It sounds like you are trying to combine a spider and your dev
    > suite.....to be honest I have not heard of anthing that will do that. You
    > can find the coded entries but trying to get interpreted entries/values is
    > very tricky and I haven't come aware of anyting like this, especially not
    > in ASP.... sorry

    Yeah, I have seen it in compiled and "managed" code. Rational has such a
    product, I think. That is what made me think of it. Bummer man.

    Stephanie Stowe, Feb 4, 2005