    Is there an easy way of converting an XML file into a PDF file (Given that
    the right stylesheet is there)

    Niels
    niels, Sep 12, 2003

  2. niels

    Piet Guest

    Hi Niels,
    > Is there an easy way of converting an XML file into a PDF file (Given that
    > the right stylesheet is there)

    in principle this is possible but not in a single step, as far as I
    have understood it.
    First you have to embed the information from your XML file in an
    XML:fo file. FO stands for formatting objects and defines a possible
    output path for informations stored in XML files. You then have to
    transform the resulting FO-file into PDF via an XSL-fo processor such
    as the FOP processor from the apache project
    (http://xml.apache.org/#fop).
    However, I have no idea how the transformation xml->xml:fo->pdf works
    in detail, but there should be plenty of syntax and other information
    around in the inet.
    Godd luck
    Piet
    Piet, Sep 14, 2003