Cp1252 problem

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

Hi,
My source file has Chinese characters in it, when saving the file
Eclipse alerts it cannot be saved due to "Some characters cannot be
mapped using "Cp1252" character encoding.". Why? Is it the problem
about Unicode support? My machine is running on WinXP x64 Pro English.

Regards,
Sam Huang

Hendrik Maryns

Mike Schilling

moopT said:
Hi,
My source file has Chinese characters in it, when saving the file
Eclipse alerts it cannot be saved due to "Some characters cannot be
mapped using "Cp1252" character encoding.". Why? Is it the problem
about Unicode support? My machine is running on WinXP x64 Pro English.

Because Cp1252 doesn't contain thsoe characters. Try saving the file in,
say, UTF-8, which contains all of Unicode.