    to do this on a bunch of similar machines.

    --
    Rahul

    Rahul, Feb 12, 2009

  2. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    Christian Winter <> wrote in news:49948c1f$0$31328
    $-online.net:

    > You can simply overwrite the CPAN/Config.pm file, that's where
    > the config information is stored (the real functionality for
    > CPAN::Config is located in CPAN.pm itself, so it's safe.)

    Thanks Christian. I'll copy that file from the one node that I already
    manually set up. That should allow me to clone the others much faster.

    --
    Rahul

    Rahul, Feb 13, 2009

  3. Rahul

    brian d foy Guest

    In article <Xns9BB091CB5BE366650A1FC0D7811DDBC81@85.214.105.209>, Rahul
    <> wrote:

    > After I do a "yum install cpan" the first time around cpan insists on
    > asking all the questions about default's, preferred download hosts etc.
    >
    > Is there a way to provide this info. in a non-interactive manner? I need
    > to do this on a bunch of similar machines.

    The latest cpan-script has a -j option to load an arbitrary
    configuration file. I haven't made a release of it yet, but it is on
    Github:

    http://github.com/briandfoy/cpan-script/tree/master

    brian d foy, Feb 15, 2009