cpan defaults on first use. Can I provide them in a non-interative format?

Rahul

After I do a "yum install cpan" the first time around cpan insists on
asking all the questions about default's, preferred download hosts etc.

Is there a way to provide this info. in a non-interactive manner? I need
to do this on a bunch of similar machines.

Rahul

You can simply overwrite the CPAN/Config.pm file, that's where
the config information is stored (the real functionality for
CPAN::Config is located in CPAN.pm itself, so it's safe.)

Thanks Christian. I'll copy that file from the one node that I already
manually set up. That should allow me to clone the others much faster.

brian d foy

Rahul said:
After I do a "yum install cpan" the first time around cpan insists on
asking all the questions about default's, preferred download hosts etc.

Is there a way to provide this info. in a non-interactive manner? I need
to do this on a bunch of similar machines.

The latest cpan-script has a -j option to load an arbitrary
configuration file. I haven't made a release of it yet, but it is on
Github:

http://github.com/briandfoy/cpan-script/tree/master