    SO I found an example of :
    Author: Jethro Wright, III TS : 3/ 4/1998 9:15 */
    /* Date: 02/18/1998 */
    /* mytest.c : do some testing of the libmySQL.DLL.... */
    /* */
    /* History: */
    /* 02/18/1998 jw3 also sprach zarathustra.... */

    it works under C++builder 6 pro in consoile mode and "C" syntax

    after rebuilding the .lib .def with implib impdef in order to link them with
    his C source

    but If I rename its file to .CPP
    and rebuild it gives lot of errors (that where warnings before) because of
    the use of :
    char * pszT;
    and mysql DLL functions are returning a const char *

    also when I include <VCL.h> file (in order to use VCL forms) then no
    building is possible :-(

    mysql_com.h
    gives errors near :

    ypedef struct st_net {
    Vio* vio;
    unsigned char *buff,*buff_end,*write_pos,*read_pos;
    ----->>>> my_socket fd; /* For Perl DBI/dbd */
    unsigned long max_packet,max_packet_size;

    My QUESTION :
    Has anybody succeded to compile C++ VCL forms with the standard libmySQL.DLL
    given with MySQL

    I just need to connect to MySQL DB and do some queries, but I need the full
    VCL environement...

    give me website or tutorial example / help :)

    Thanks in advance.

    Ciao
    Lotfi, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Lotfi

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 04:18:21 +0200, "Lotfi"
    <llbaghli(nospam)@ifrance.com> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to access MySQL DB with C++ Builder 6 pro,
    > I have Apache 2 under W2000 pro and MySQL 4

    You are asking your question in the wrong place. Neither comp.lang.c
    nor comp.lang.c++ discuss third party libraries like MySQL nor
    specific implementations like C++ Builder.

    > I found
    > http://crlab.com/mydac/
    > but it is not free :-(
    > but the trial version seems to work
    >
    > I will also have a look to :
    > http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Downloads
    >
    > I need things simpler with no VCL

    That's good, it is very hard to imaging anything more off-topic in
    these newsgroups than Borland's VCL, which is not C or C++ at all but
    written in their own proprietary extended version of Pascal.

    > SO I found an example of :
    > Author: Jethro Wright, III TS : 3/ 4/1998 9:15 */
    > /* Date: 02/18/1998 */
    > /* mytest.c : do some testing of the libmySQL.DLL.... */

    Presumably, given the name, this program was written in C.

    > /* */
    > /* History: */
    > /* 02/18/1998 jw3 also sprach zarathustra.... */
    >
    > it works under C++builder 6 pro in consoile mode and "C" syntax

    ....and according to you, it works as when compiled as C.

    > after rebuilding the .lib .def with implib impdef in order to link them with
    > his C source
    >
    > but If I rename its file to .CPP
    > and rebuild it gives lot of errors (that where warnings before) because of
    > the use of :
    > char * pszT;
    > and mysql DLL functions are returning a const char *

    Apparently you do not understand that C is not a subset of C++. There
    are programs that are perfectly valid C that are not valid C++ at all.
    There are several things you can do about this. You could make sure
    you understand the differences between C and C++, and manually convert
    the source to C++. Or you could look for another source, in C++. You
    could write your own C++ code. Or you could buy C++ source code.

    > also when I include <VCL.h> file (in order to use VCL forms) then no
    > building is possible :-(

    Anything at all involving Borland's VCL is completely off-topic here.
    As I said, it is not even C or C++. This is discussed in Borland's
    support groups, some of which even have .vcl in their names. Try the
    news:borland.public.* family of groups on the server
    newsgroups.borland.com.

    > mysql_com.h
    > gives errors near :
    >
    > ypedef struct st_net {
    > Vio* vio;
    > unsigned char *buff,*buff_end,*write_pos,*read_pos;
    > ----->>>> my_socket fd; /* For Perl DBI/dbd */
    > unsigned long max_packet,max_packet_size;
    >

    > My QUESTION :
    > Has anybody succeded to compile C++ VCL forms with the standard libmySQL.DLL
    > given with MySQL
    >
    > I just need to connect to MySQL DB and do some queries, but I need the full
    > VCL environement...
    >
    > give me website or tutorial example / help :)
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Ciao

    None of your issues have anything to do with the C or C++ languages,
    but with non-standard extensions and third party libraries. Your best
    bet is the Borland support groups.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Lotfi

    Lotfi Guest

    > None of your issues have anything to do with the C or C++ languages,
    > but with non-standard extensions and third party libraries. Your best
    > bet is the Borland support groups.

    thanks for your polite answer
    Lotfi, Aug 6, 2004