    ThanX

    iranian python community --> www.python.ir
    , Jul 14, 2006

  2. Morris Dovey Guest

    (in
    ) said:

    | Hi,
    | How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
    | C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

    If you open up the computer's enclosure and find a serial number, and
    if the computer has a file device, you can use the editor of your
    choice to record the number in a file. You can then use fopen()
    fgets() to retrieve that number.

    --
    Morris Dovey
    DeSoto Solar
    Morris Dovey, Jul 14, 2006

  3. said:

    > Hi,
    > How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
    > C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

    char CPUSerialNumber[256] = {0}; /* should be ample */
    puts("Please enter the CPU Serial number");
    if(fgets(CPUSerialNumber, sizeof CPUSerialNumber, stdin) != NULL)
    {
    puts("Thank you.");

    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    http://www.cpax.org.uk
    Richard Heathfield, Jul 14, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
    >C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

    You can't do that in standard C.

    Furthermore, you can't do that in non-standard C on the majority of
    computers, because low-end computers do not *have* CPU or motherboard
    serial numbers.
    never make copies, only human beings make copies. Computers are given
    commands, not permission. Only people can be given permission."
    -- Brad Templeton
    Walter Roberson, Jul 14, 2006