CPU or MB Serial number

bayazee

Hi,
How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
C . I need an idetification of a computer ....
ThanX

Morris Dovey

(e-mail address removed) (in
(e-mail address removed)) said:

| Hi,
| How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
| C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

If you open up the computer's enclosure and find a serial number, and
if the computer has a file device, you can use the editor of your
choice to record the number in a file. You can then use fopen()
fgets() to retrieve that number.

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hi,
How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

char CPUSerialNumber[256] = {0}; /* should be ample */
puts("Please enter the CPU Serial number");
if(fgets(CPUSerialNumber, sizeof CPUSerialNumber, stdin) != NULL)
{
puts("Thank you.");

Walter Roberson

How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

You can't do that in standard C.

Furthermore, you can't do that in non-standard C on the majority of
computers, because low-end computers do not *have* CPU or motherboard
serial numbers.