    CPU ID table, no information on where (memory) to get it.

    Thank you,
    Leonardo Custodio
    Leonardo Custodio, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Leonardo Custodio

    Derk Gwen Guest

    "Leonardo Custodio" <> wrote:
    # Has anyone worked or have any hints on how to get the Processor Serial
    # Number in C?
    # I've read the material within the Intel(C) webpage, but it only gives me the
    # CPU ID table, no information on where (memory) to get it.

    This is not a manufacturer independent notion. Not all cpus have unique
    serial numbers. The closest thing you can get to a manufacturer
    independent unique identifier is the ethernet interface MAC address,
    if any. Every MAC address is supposed to be unique, but not every machine
    has an ethernet interface, and some machines have more than one.

    But I do believe in this.
    Derk Gwen, Nov 1, 2003

  3. "Leonardo Custodio" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone worked or have any hints on how to get the Processor Serial
    > Number in C?

    STIDP instruction, but it is privileged.

    > I've read the material within the Intel(C) webpage, but it only gives me

    the
    > CPU ID table, no information on where (memory) to get it.

    Oh, for intel CPU's, you should have said so in the first place. Yes,
    there is an instruction to get it there, too, on newer CPU's.

    -- glen
    Glen Herrmannsfeldt, Nov 1, 2003
  4. On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 05:24:55 GMT "Glen Herrmannsfeldt" <>
    wrote:

    :>"Leonardo Custodio" <> wrote in message
    :>news:snFob.81742$...

    :>> Has anyone worked or have any hints on how to get the Processor Serial
    :>> Number in C?

    :> STIDP instruction, but it is privileged.

    Or in MVS+ one can examine the PCCA.

    --
    Binyamin Dissen <>
    http://www.dissensoftware.com

    Binyamin Dissen, Nov 1, 2003
  5. Leonardo Custodio

    Nudge Guest

    Leonardo Custodio wrote:
    > Has anyone worked or have any hints on how to get the Processor
    > Serial Number in C? I've read the material within the Intel(C)
    > webpage, but it only gives me the CPU ID table, no information on
    > where (memory) to get it.

    Ask in comp.lang.asm.x86
    Nudge, Nov 1, 2003
  6. Leonardo Custodio