Crafting IP packets with DNS queries .........newbie

Discussion in 'Python' started by laksh, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. laksh

    laksh Guest

    hi all

    im looking for some code that can capture the IP packets from my system
    and craft them so that im able to put lots of DNS requests in them and
    send them to the server.....

    is it possible and will the DNS server takes it for legal DNS request
    packets?? and should i need to incorporate some code at the server end
    to decode the packets from my machine and encode the results from the
    DNS??

    is all this possible ?

    first of all i want to know to craft some IP packets in python with
    loads of DNS queries in them..............

    regards
    laksh
    laksh, Jul 20, 2005

  2. On 20 Jul 2005 07:43:28 -0700, "laksh" <>

    > hi all
    >
    > im looking for some code that can capture the IP packets from my system

    That's pretty low-level -- near the bottom of the network stack,
    just above the hardware driver. Most user-level code is three or more
    levels higher -- look at any textbook on network protocol stacks.

    > and craft them so that im able to put lots of DNS requests in them and
    > send them to the server.....

    Sounds like some scheme for a DoS attack on a server...

    > is it possible and will the DNS server takes it for legal DNS request
    > packets?? and should i need to incorporate some code at the server end

    A "legal DNS request" would be one that meets the specifications
    of the relevant RFC. Read some of: http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/rfc/

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Jul 20, 2005