Crazy Image Problem

Mr Newbie

I know this is going to be embarresingly simple, but I cant see the wood for
the trees at the moment.

If I create a webform and place an image control on it and select ( Browse
an image ) it appears for me on the page, and if I launch the browser, it
allso appears ( Note the image property has the Fil:/// x x x x /x x x x
URL.

However, if I make the URL
http://MyLocalMachine/MyAspNetApplication/Image.jpeg then this will not
display ?

Any ideas ?

Adam Knight

Where is the image in question?

If it is not under your virtual root then any url used will be incorrect.

It sounds like the url is not mapping to the image correctly.

You really didn't give much info so it is hard to give a reasonable answer..

Cheers,
Adam

Mr Newbie

The URL Maps to

htp://MyLocalMachine/MyWebApp/TheImageName.jpeg

If I simple use this url in the browser, the image wont load. So it seems to
be a problem with my machine serving graphic files via its own servername,
tho it will serve aspx files etc.

???

Mr Newbie

Fixed it. It was a case of "Stay up coding into the night, after coding all
day and loose urself perspective, lose your ability to add the right file
extension name like jpeg instead of jpg

Sorry for bothering u.