CRC32

palmis

Hi,
I want create a method that receive as input a byte[] and calculate its
crc32. How can I do?
I have found java.util.zip.CRC32 but I'm using JDK 1.3.
Can you halp me?
Thanks

palmis

I'm unable to see "how you compute a 32-bit CRC using Java' native
method" into mindprod site. I have this message error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.mindprod.jdisplay.JDisplay.class
Please can you cut and past the code and send me it ?

Roedy Green

I have the source code for a CRC-16 posted there. Perhaps you could
generalise it to 32 bit.

I did quick look on the net and found a FORTH and an Pascal version.
If you need a Java version, I will translate it for you into Java and
guarantee it gives the same answers as Sun's CRC32 for $50.

Roedy Green

It's too complicate!
I have need to resolve my problem before possible.
Thanks

If you are JRE/JDK is not installed properly you are not going to get
very far until you sort that out.

Luc The Perverse

palmis said:
No thanks.

LOL - that was not a bad deal.

If only I could get Roedy to make my CR10 RS232 Communication library in
Java for 50$. I have code in C++ which 'mostly' works.

I wrote a CRC algorithm in C++ once, and could translate it. - <humor> I can
underbid Roedy, but only give 80% guarantee that it will work. </humor>

Luc The Perverse

Roedy Green said:
What is "null"? Do you mean "custom written"?

Null = Zero

If I were attempting to interprit this statement I would translate null as
"anything"

Thomas Weidenfeller

Roedy said:
What is "null"? Do you mean "custom written"?

He is probably deeply offended by the unthinkable idea of first fixing
his Java installation and then just using the since 1.2 included CRC32
class. Which happens to be based on a CRC implementation in native code.

/Thomas

Andrew Thompson

palmis said:
Yes I want say anything.
Excuse me but I don't speak english very well.
I'm Italian.

It might help to post both English *and* Italian versions.
Many people here will get more from the 'native language' version.

[ Though posting in Italian *only*, would not be very welcome. ]

Luc The Perverse

palmis said:
Yes I want say anything.
Excuse me but I don't speak english very well.
I'm Italian.

No problem.

You should just download the latest JDK