    I have found java.util.zip.CRC32 but I'm using JDK 1.3.
    Can you halp me?
    Thanks
    palmis, Dec 21, 2005

  2. palmis

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 21 Dec 2005 00:38:08 -0800, "palmis" <>

    >I have found java.util.zip.CRC32 but I'm using JDK 1.3.

    I thought it came out in JDK 1.1.

    Anyway, how to use it is documented at
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/crc.html

    I have the source code for a CRC-16 posted there. Perhaps you could
    generalise it to 32 bit.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Dec 21, 2005

  3. palmis

    palmis Guest

    I'm unable to see "how you compute a 32-bit CRC using Java' native
    method" into mindprod site. I have this message error:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.mindprod.jdisplay.JDisplay.class
    Please can you cut and past the code and send me it ?
    palmis, Dec 21, 2005
  4. palmis

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:00:27 GMT, Roedy Green
    <> wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >I have the source code for a CRC-16 posted there. Perhaps you could
    >generalise it to 32 bit.

    I did quick look on the net and found a FORTH and an Pascal version.
    If you need a Java version, I will translate it for you into Java and
    guarantee it gives the same answers as Sun's CRC32 for $50.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Dec 21, 2005
  5. palmis

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 21 Dec 2005 03:13:25 -0800, "palmis" <>

    >I'm unable to see "how you compute a 32-bit CRC using Java' native
    >method" into mindprod site. I have this message error:
    >java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.mindprod.jdisplay.JDisplay.class
    >Please can you cut and past the code and send me it ?

    you likely don't have your java installed correctly. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jre.html#TESTING
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Dec 21, 2005
  6. palmis

    palmis Guest

    It's too complicate!
    I have need to resolve my problem before possible.
    Thanks
    palmis, Dec 21, 2005
  7. palmis

    palmis Guest

    No thanks.
    palmis, Dec 21, 2005
  8. palmis

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 21 Dec 2005 07:03:34 -0800, "palmis" <>

    >It's too complicate!
    >I have need to resolve my problem before possible.
    >Thanks

    If you are JRE/JDK is not installed properly you are not going to get
    very far until you sort that out.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Dec 21, 2005
  9. "palmis" <> wrote in message
    > No thanks.

    LOL - that was not a bad deal.

    If only I could get Roedy to make my CR10 RS232 Communication library in
    Java for 50$. I have code in C++ which 'mostly' works.

    I wrote a CRC algorithm in C++ once, and could translate it. - <humor> I can
    underbid Roedy, but only give 80% guarantee that it will work. </humor>

    --
    LTP

    :)
    Luc The Perverse, Dec 21, 2005
  10. palmis

    palmis Guest

    I do not want to buy null. I will find on the net
    palmis, Dec 22, 2005
  11. palmis

    palmis Guest

    I cannot buy null.
    palmis, Dec 22, 2005
  12. palmis

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 22 Dec 2005 00:12:25 -0800, "palmis" <>

    >I do not want to buy null. I will find on the net

    What is "null"? Do you mean "custom written"?

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Dec 22, 2005
  13. "Roedy Green" <> wrote in
    message news:eek:...
    > On 22 Dec 2005 00:12:25 -0800, "palmis" <>
    >
    >>I do not want to buy null. I will find on the net

    > What is "null"? Do you mean "custom written"?

    Null = Zero

    If I were attempting to interprit this statement I would translate null as
    "anything"

    --
    LTP

    :)
    Luc The Perverse, Dec 22, 2005
  14. Thomas Weidenfeller, Dec 22, 2005
  15. palmis

    palmis Guest

    Yes I want say anything.
    Excuse me but I don't speak english very well.
    I'm Italian.
    palmis, Dec 22, 2005
  16. palmis wrote:

    > Yes I want say anything.
    > Excuse me but I don't speak english very well.
    > I'm Italian.

    It might help to post both English *and* Italian versions.
    Many people here will get more from the 'native language' version.

    [ Though posting in Italian *only*, would not be very welcome. ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    physci, javasaver, 1point1c, lensescapes - athompson.info/andrew
    Andrew Thompson, Dec 22, 2005
  17. "palmis" <> wrote in message
    > Yes I want say anything.
    > Excuse me but I don't speak english very well.
    > I'm Italian.

    No problem.

    You should just download the latest JDK

    --