Create a Copy of Files

Discussion in 'C++' started by Hans, May 9, 2009.

  1. Hans

    Hans Guest

    I'm creating a utility program to create empty text files using the
    filenames PDFs, but with the case--upper and lower--preserved. I need
    a duplicate file with zero footprint on the HD for indexing purposes.
    Can anybody help me with this? I managed to write something in another
    language, but it came out all in lowercase so I'm looking into C/C++.

    Example
    ----------------------------
    Input: 0763704814 - C++ Plus Data Structures, 3ed (Jones and
    Bartlett-2003).pdf
    Output: 0763704814 - C++ Plus Data Structures, 3ed (Jones and
    Bartlett-2003).pdf.txt
    ---------------------------

    And I also want to move the ISBN to the end.
    ----------------------------
    Input: 0763704814 - C++ Plus Data Structures, 3ed (Jones and
    Bartlett-2003).pdf
    Output: C++ Plus Data Structures, 3ed (Jones and Bartlett-2003) -
    0763704814.pdf.txt
    ---------------------------

    Why do I want this? I download a lot of ebooks--PDF's, CHM's, DJVU's,
    etc. I want to create a separate index using the operating system's
    folders as a kind of catalog and store the ebooks elsewhere. My
    solution is to create proxy files for the ebooks (i.e., empty text
    files with the same names as the original). The text files now become
    like catalog cards in the library. One "catalog card" (text file) will
    have the ISBN in front and another has the book name in front.

    I need to do the creation of the files in bulk because I download like
    hundreds of ebooks per day. So, the cataloging part is really slowing
    me down.

    BTW, I'm using Bloodshed Dev-C++ compiler.

    Hans, May 9, 2009